A FORCE FOR GOOD
To us, sustainability is not just about protecting our natural environment and local communities, but using our collective skills, capabilities and talents to bring about positive, long lasting change.
In channeling our focus towards driving long-term value, we have developed a comprehensive sustainability governance structure that integrates sustainability into our strategic and decision making processes. Led by a Group-level Sustainability Committee, which reports to our CEO and Board of Directors, leaders and teams in each of our subsdiaries have been appointed to spearhead sustainability initiatives that bring benefit to their employees, local communities and natural environments.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR CHAIRMAN
"Sustainability is fundamental to what we do and is vital to our business strategy and the approach focuses on delivering plans linked to the most substantial matters for our business, our people and our environment."
Datuk (Dr) Aminar Rashid bin Salleh
OUR SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
Having clear goals for our sustainability initiatives helps in driving coordinated and purposeful action across our subsidiaries. To achieve this, we have aligned our initiatives with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), a set of 17 global goals designed to provide a vision of a sustainable future for all.
- Adopt policies, including tax, salary and social protection policies to gradually achieve greater equality
- Strengthen and promote social, economic and political inclusion for all, regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, religion, economic or other status
- To put an end to all forms of discrimination, especially against women in the workplace and within the society
- Encourage effective participation of women and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of social, economic and business decision-making
- Strengthen the use of technology, especially information and communication technologies, to promote women’s empowerment
GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- Ensure the safety and well-being of our community are monitored and prioritised
- Remunerate our people with competitive values based on the market rate and to reward them accordingly
- We provide training to our staff and educate our community/society on the importance of safe driving
DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
- To adopt competitive strategies in business
- Strengthen our governance and manage risks
- Stimulate our activities to support and stimulate the domestic economy
RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
- Review innovation in environmentally responsible products
- Minimise waste materials
- The scarcity of materials also translates into cost effectiveness and innovation of environmentally friendly replacement materials
OUR SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
GROUP SUSTAINABILITY COMMITEE
(5 in total, covering each of our subsidiaries)
OUR AREAS OF IMPACT
As Malaysia’s Complete Automotive Group, our sustainability initiatives make an impact across the Economic, Social, and Environmental spectrum, empowering socioeconomic value within our home country without compromising on the urgent need to take substantive climate action.
Click on the boxes below to read more about our specific initiatives and activities in each of our impact areas.